I changed the music on my site…that will become a familiar thing to ya soon…LOL…I will change it when the mood strikes…anyways, I added Norah Jones’ ~ I Don’t Know Why…I LOVE this tune…she has such a soothing smokey voice…she is amazing…hope you enjoy it too
I got my new Weight Watchers Magazine yesterday, had some interesting things in there that I wanted to post. Here is an article on Water ~
Chugging water may be good for more than just quenching your thirst. A recent study published in the American Journal of Epidemiology found that women who drank at least five glasses of water a day were 41 percent less likely to die of a heart attack than those who drank less than two glasses of water. What’s the H2O and heart link? Since water is quickly absorbed into the bloodstrteam and thins the blood, it may help to prevent clogged arteries.
If you have trouble guzzling your six-to-eight-a-day, try these water tricks:
1. Think outside the water bottle. Fruits and vegetables (like apples and celery) are water-based and count too.
2. Flavor it up. Look for a flavored water with no calories and no sugar.
3. Bring on the bubbly. Mix club soda or diet tonic water wiht a splash of furit juice or garnish with orange wedges.
Here are a couple of my own, which you may have heard me say before.
Sorry for the lack of ’scientific evidence’ type ideas…LOL
1. Use a straw. For some reason, this makes it SO much easier to get the water down.
2. Fill a gallon pitcher and keep it in the fridge, or on the counter. You will have to figure out for yourself which is easier to get down….ice cold or room temperature. Make sure that gallon is empty before you head to bed. Refill it so it’s ready for tomorrow morning!!
3. Flavor it a tad. Just as they stated above, about adding juice, etc. Try adding a bit of lemon juice…it’s also just a bit more refreshing with lemon in it
Here’s something else I found kinda interesting ~
Which is worse: smoking or overeating?
In the U.S. smoking still causes more deaths each year than obesity - but not many more. About 300,000 deaths per year are associated with obesity compared with more than 400,000 deaths per year associated with smoking, says a recent report from the surgeon general. You know the rest: Smoke out and lighten up!
Kinda interesting huh?? Both the water and this little snippet make things a bit clearer on the ‘big picture’ front. Some really good reasons to keep up our journey huh???
OH!!! Something yummy for your sweet tooth ~ There is a new Sugar Free Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!!! they are 4 POINTS for five miniature cups. It says they taste like the real thing - minus the sugar and with about 20% fewer calories Yummy!!
And, this one, just for the heck of it…(Ok…so I feel chatty, and there’s absolutely NOTHING interesting happening with me personally…LOL)
TIP! Not sure if your breath is fresh?? )Frankly, I never think that Tic-Tac ‘HU-HU’ thing really works…LOL)
Try this odor check: Lick the back of your hand and let the saliva dry completely then sniff. If waht you smell is odorous, sour-smelling, or otherwise unpleasant, your breath likely smells bad too.
Oh the glory of LessLisa-Lessons huh???
Have a great day everyone!!!!