101 in 1001
Read all about the 101 in 1001 Challenge at Day Zero
1. Lose 10 lbs.
2. Lose 20 lbs.
3. Lose 30 lbs.
4. Lose 40 lbs.
5. Lose 50 lbs.
6. Lose 60 lbs.
7. Lose 70 lbs.
8. Lose 80 lbs.
9. Lose 90 lbs.
10. Lose 100 lbs.
11. Get a tattoo when I get under 200 lbs.
12. Reach my goal weight of 160 lbs.
13. Read my Bible for at least 15 minutes daily. (0 / 1001)
14. Find a church that my family enjoys and make that a weekly priority.
15. Create and practice an emergency/evacuation plan.
16. Take the girls to the Cleveland Zoo one day every summer. (1 / 3)
Become a Room Mom for the girls classes at school. I’m a room helper now and there anytime I’m needed. LOVE it!
18. Welcome Clint home everyday with a kiss and hug.
19. Take our long weekend vacation to Kentucky Horse Park. Went August 15-18, 2008 COMPLETE!
20. Go to a Drive-In movie with the girls.
21. Plan a secretive weekend vacation for the 4 of us.
22. Visit the Hubbard House (underground railroad – it’s right here in town and have never visited)
23. Bring someone to ‘happy tears’ with an unexpected gift or good deed.
24. Visit/clean-up family gravesites once per year in addition to Memorial Day weekend.
25. Spend $100.00 on something completely frivolous that all 4 of us would love.
26. Visit the Pearl Harbor Memorial in Hawaii.
27. Each time the girls check out new books at the library, I will check one out for myself and make the time to actually read it.
Help our House become a Home
Paint dining room walls. October 2009
29. Organize my recipes.
30. Complete the black afaghan that I started crocheting.
31. Learn to knit.
32. Teach Abbie to crochet and/or knit. Her choice.
33. Teach Megan to crochet and/or knit. Her choice.
34. Grow a beautiful Potted Herb Garden on our deck.
Plan our garden early for 2009. 07.22.08
36. Can at least 3 new vegetables. (0 / 3)
37. Can at least 3 new fruits. (0 / 3)
Buy a new mattress. To save money, we passed on the new mattress and bought a 3″ memory foam mattress topper. It’s HEAVEN.
39. Create a more relaxing and romantic master bedroom.
40. Go to bed and get up at the same time as Clint for a month. (23 / 30)
41. Organize our photos into photo boxes.
42. Create a flowy environment to my workout room. It’s almost complete
43. Get comfortable using the sewing machine and create window treatments for the bedroom.
44. Create black and white framed prints of family to complete entertainment wall.
Organize all of the photos on my laptop and get them burned to disks before I lose them all. 08.2008
Pay off the tractor early (payoff date: August 2009).08.2009
47. Get one of our 3 credit cards to a zero balance and use it only for emergencies.
48. Install and use a clothesline.
49. Install hardwood flooring in dining/living room area.
50. Start a compost heap.
Make our bed everyday for a week. (7/7) Can’t believe I actually completed this one, and I am now in the habit of doing it daily.
52. Paint trim in house.
53. Finish this list!
54. Pray at least once per day. So far so good!!! 11.07.08
55. Drink 100 oz. of water per day. So far so good!!! 11.07.08
56. Get my hair cut every 8 weeks. (3 / 18)
57. Floss everyday for a week. (0 / 7)
58. Get healthy enough to be off of my medications.
59. Become diabetes-free.
60. Get very serious about boxing again.
61. Be able to do 10 chin-ups in a row.
62. Run a 5K.
63. Buy a bathing suit. (I haven’t owned one since I was 16)
64. See the dentist twice per year. (0 / 6)
65. Have a home beauty day 1x per week (4 / 143)
66. Buy sexy lingerie (something I have NEVER done. EVER.)
67. Try one new food that I wouldn’t dare try before. I will list what it is soon.
68. Comfortably be able to touch my palms to the floor without bending my knees.
Compliment a perfect stranger. Twice so far…feels great and makes someone happy. This one deserves to be done more than once.
70. Run one mile, nonstop.
71. Go to my OB/GYN checkup once a year. (0/3)
72. Read On The Road by Jack Kerouac.
73. Memorize 5 new Bible verses.
74. Mail Birthday cards to close family members.
75. Buy a Wii.
76. Jump-rope for a full 5 minutes without stopping for a break.
77. Test blood sugar twice per day, everyday.
78. Take all medications everyday (until I can get off of them).
Just because I love it
79. Donate blood every 60 days. (1 / 17)
80. Continue research on the family genealogy.
81. Organize all of the family genealogy.
82. Go out dancing with Christina and not care what ANYONE thinks.
83. Make dinner for someone I love and leave it at their house as a surprise to them.
84. Host a ‘Game Night’ with friends and family.
85. Visit a State I have never been to.
86. Learn more about Geocaching.
87. Write a letter (NOT e-mail) to 3 different family members that I never get to see or talk to.
88. Create 5 identical scrapbooks for my Uncle’s (who has passed) 5 children (all about my uncle).
89. Create 2 photo albums (one for Clint and one for my dad) of my dad’s car that Clint restored.
90. Send a special package to my baby niece.
91. Make both of the girls’ Halloween Costumes from scratch.
92. Volunteer and/or donate items at an animal shelter or rescue. (Donations 10.2008)
93. Blog about the items that I cross off of this list.
94. Watch the whole ‘Gone With The Wind’ movie.
95. Ride a horse for the first time (I’m scared to death).
96. Learn to identify 5 new constellations. (0/5)
97. Re-learn all 50 State Capitals.
98. Re-learn all letters and numbers in sign language.
99. Learn 10 new sign language words/phrases.
100. Find a new hobby that I totally love and am awesome at (and maybe even make some extra money from).
101. Complete a project for 26 Things
Beginning date ~ July 21, 2008
Deadline date ~ April 18, 2011